Join our Production team as a Packaging Laborer helping to ensure our customers receive the highest quality roll and bread products!
Come join our Team as a Packaging Laborer! We started with pastries handmade by Lois and Lloyd Martin produced inside of a garage and we have boomed into a multi-facility company where our many products are produced by machines and shipped domestically and internationally. Talk about a rich history and exciting future! As an employer of choice we offer physical, emotional, financial and professional benefits including 401K, disability insurance and paid holidays.
As a member of the Martin’s Family, a packaging laborer is responsible for machines that perform packaging functions and ensures that unpackaged and packaged products are of exceptional quality. The packaging laborer openly gives and receives truthful feedback, shares helpful knowledge with teammates, goes the extra mile, and represents Martin’s by being an ambassador of superior quality and service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may also be assigned.)
- Evaluates product entering packaging and monitors packaged product for quality standards.
- Communicates quality issues to Line Control Supervisor for correction.
- Places packaged product into baskets.
- Verifies that the date packaged is correct.
- Starts and adjusts slicers and packaging machinery; requests necessary repairs from the maintenance team
- Starts, adjusts, and monitors economy packaging equipment
- Operates palletizing equipment
- Operates the bagging and kwickloc equipment
- Maintain counts of finished product to meet orders generated via the load coordinating department.
- Remove full or partial pallets of product from equipment for staging
- Monitor clips on finished product and perform checks for accuracy in regards to clip color, date, product, and price.
- Monitor and operate sticker machines and pattern makers
- Maintain cleanliness of area
- Assists co-workers when system is not running properly.
- Adheres to safety, food safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices regulations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Related food manufacturing and/or machine operating experience preffered
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.