CPU/Returns - Material Handler
Now offering temporary hazard pay / $2 per hour on top of base pay
Monthly Bonus Eligibility
The primary responsibility of the Material Handler will be loading and unloading inbound and outbound trucks. Will move material within the facility, safely operating forklifts or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Move products in warehouses and manufacturing facilities, either manually or using equipment such as hand trucks or pallet jacks
- Help to pull inventory and move stock or other materials to fulfill orders
- Unloading product deliveries by pulling them off of trucks and staging product in the door lanes
- Support the Inbound / Outbound operation
- Unload trailers by hand
- Moving furniture with dollies and pallet jacks
- Able to operate radio frequency equipment
- Conducts operations in compliance with OSHA standards
- Conducts operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Maintains a clean work area, free from debris on warehouse floor
- Meet company standards for productivity
Due to the nature of our retail business, team members will be expected to work during Living Spaces hours of operations which will include weekends, evenings, some holidays and overtime as business needs/volume increase. The Customer Pick-Up schedule is 11:30am-8:00pm and requires open availability. The schedule is subject to change, depending on the business needs.
Minimum of 1 year of Lift Operator experience in a warehouse environment
High School Degree or GED in relevant field or equivalent.
Must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
About Living Spaces
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth — from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand — are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Cherry Picker: 1 year (Preferred)
- Do you have open availability?
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible